Laman

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dasrizal's post


Is this a reflection?
Written by: Dasrizal
2010110019
http://www.zazzle.com/i_love_being_a_teacher_postcard-239178611883413690
Honestly, I have just finished this reflection today (and the due date is tomorrow, haha). However, I don’t know what I would have written if I pushed myself to write before today because I get an inspiration to be written today.  Here I want to share my experience yesterday, and actually it is related to what we discussed last Monday. I remember that PETA in the first session discussed why we are going to be a teacher.
Yesterday, I became a booth keeper in an educational exhibition (I represented SSE), the visitors asked me, “what school is SSE? What program does it have?” and I just answered, “this is a school of education, and here you are taught to be an educator, especially a teacher.” However, they were surprised about the word ‘teacher’. Well, soon I said, “being an educator is not all about teaching in the class, if you are a writer, you teach and educate people. If you are an entrepreneur in education, you teach and educate people to care the education.”
What I am going to reflect from that experience that people are still unusual to hear someone is gonna be a teacher. However, I was so before I got the opportunity to study education in SSE. SSE has been inspiring me to be confidence to be a teacher, to be an educator, whether I would be a writer, a musician (who writes educational songs), or whatever. I am proud of it, no matter what people say about this profession. I love it. I enjoy it.
And my expectation about this PETA course is that we can study, discuss, debate, share, inspire, and persuade how to be an extraordinary teacher!

8 comments:

  1. Super.
    I like this one . There is similarity with me. Firstly, I don't want being a teacher. Even never thought to be a teacher. I wanna being a translator actually. However,since I study education in SSE, I do love to be a teacher :D
    Good reflection Das :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were really lucky to get a quality education at SSE. We must seize this opportunity well. One was through the PETA course, we can become an outstanding educator and multitalent teacher,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hemmm when I was being a booth keeper in my Senior High School they did the same thing. When they came, and then asked the same question. I answered "After graduate from SSE, we will be a new generation of teacher, we will be bla bla bla..." and then they replied "Ohhh, but my child don't want to be a teacher". Really, I was so sad, but I can do nothing. They passed my booth and did not say "Thanks" . How pity I am. :')

    ReplyDelete
  4. SSE can change our mindset.. Teacher is fun profession.. I like your reflection..

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone. i do believe that here, together, we can make a difference.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very good (bu puti ^_^)
    I support you to make songs about math. so when later on in the classroom as a teacher of mathematics, we still continue the hobby sing a song. hee

    don't forget publish your song okkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. being an educator is very great guys. when doctor say "i can heal people", when architect say "i can build a luxury building", we, as a teacher's candidate should say "we can make your children become a better people than you".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your reflection.
    SSE will make me become the best teacher..Teachers can give birth to a variety of professions..
    We make a difference..

    ReplyDelete