Laman

Saturday, September 24, 2011

No Favorites Teacher ( Unfavorite teacher) by Novi Handayani


During PETA lesson last week, we talked about favorite and unfavorite teacher when primary school, junior and also senior high school. I remember when I was in Junior High School many teacher are unique and unforgettable but unfortunately not in good side but in bad side. This reflection is only to share my experience and we will not doing the same mistake. When I was in senior high school there are some teachers who give bad example for the students.
First, my physical teacher, he often did sexual harassment to male students but my friends just regarded as a joke, but I think that’s very inappropriate behavior as a teacher. Therefore, I didn’t know what must I do, I’m very don’t like his act but I was too afraid as a student to conveyed to the headmaster. Then I had an academic advisor in 7th grade who gave a rule in the class “ no one speak in the class except about lesson” so we can’t interact each other then she point the leader of the class to write the name who had conversation and then once a week she would call the students whom the name appear in the note, then she would pinch our leg until red or blue and that was very sick. What do you think?? It will be same with what I’m thinking about.
I have another teacher who is very unique, he is a physics teacher. This teacher have a nickname that given by students, the nickname is 3D (datang , duduk, diam). As a teacher you don’t want to get a bad nickname, right?. Ok, this teacher actually a good teacher I think but my intake is popular with many trouble maker so when the teacher come we always in crowded situation. As an ordinary junior high school’s students we would feel happy when the teacher didn’t give a lesson but I think that is a task for teacher to give motivation to make students pleased to learn.
The last I think, my academic advisor when 9th grade, my teacher asked to me to give my answer in math when we were doing national exam. She said that she would give 4 for my civic if I didn’t give my answer to my friend. I think she was underestimating her students. So, that’s any bad example I think. That is the reality, may be now there are teacher that still like that. Ok, that’s all my reflection.  Do you have any experience like me??

6 comments:

  1. good reflection, guys ... story is quite interesting, what would happen if the teacher education in Indonesia like that. I got the same story when I was elementary school, my teacher shouted very loudly when I can not write on the blackboard, my friend who was writing in his book were surprised to come trembling because that. Therefore, until now when he wrote his hands are always shaking. I am very sorry to know about it. so, I hope we can to become a patient teacher, next. Thanks
    -asih-

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it's so killer your academic advisor nov.
    may be the teacher want to all of their students focus or concentration with the lesson but your academic advisor using wrong way with violence to make student obey your academic advisor rule.
    It's really bad story but it can be your experience that it not a good example.
    and I think from school must do affirmative action to your academic advisor.
    ok nov.. good reflaction

    Warm regards,
    sofi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't wanna be that kind of 3D teachers. LOL


    Should we do something different? Yeah. We should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first, i wonder about teacher who does sexual harassment to male students. hah?

    then, about the national exam answer. it was worse (junior high school), some 'special' students were surrounded together (including me), and we were given the strategy to share our answer while the UN occurred,,,it was really bad.

    i don't wanna be a teacher like that
    thanks for sharing, Ketua Kelas!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My math teacher in 9th grade also liked to pinch the students leg, hand, even stomach. It was because of the students' behavior. Their uniform were untidy. What do you think about that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaah novi, I ever have experience when my teacher underestimate me when I want register SSE selection, and it's make me angry until now :D because she made me embarrassed in front of the class . if I meet her I still don't want to say "hai" for her :) .
    as the next generation of teacher, I think you'll can be favorite teacher :D
    and all about your teacher really happen in Indonesia. that's why we should be learning PETA :D . to stop it

    ReplyDelete