Laman

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Assessment “as”, “for”, “of” Learning



By: Annas Bentari
“HARD”. That was a morpheme that I could say to mean the differences among assessment as learning, for learning, and of learning. Those have their own characteristics and specification. Actually, I suppose that it should have additional class or perhaps needed additional subject to learn about this lesson. However, I think, Mrs.Mima had applied an instructional learning to teach about assessment. Mrs. Mima was like using group-interaction to show that in reading task, it would be better if all students were brave to express their comprehensive reading skill. Since I think that the material of assessment lesson is so much, then group sharing will help us understanding the meaning inside.
I have a little note for class that what we have learned on PETA is our capital to go to the field later and we need to have a critical thinking to learn it. That’s why I have a bit suggestion for my beloved friends to be as if you are a teacher that will use those lesson’s theories in our teaching later. So, we will think hard to get our best I this course.
Now, I am trying to reflect it into my practice teaching during school experience and when I give a course to my private student. I try to apply what I have learned in PETA class, like how to use direct instruction to teach science lesson. My student was boring hearing my explanation. Even I know that he didn’t read the material before, however it still becomes my fault since I couldn’t find a new strategy to teach. Then, day after day I thought that what I have been learning in PETA class should be explored more and more.
Last words, designing assessment and determining assessment are not simple. Sometimes we have to see that assessment as training for students or strategy for teachers to enhance students’ understanding of the lesson. I want to learn about the differences assessment as, for, and of learning. Those are so confusing in the first time to distinguish among those. However, the most interesting sentence is coming from Mrs. Mima where the point is assessment will be less without suitable instructional teaching.
In short, I want to have an additional time to understand about what the differences among those kinds of assessment are.
 

1 comment:

  1. So do I Anas. I still get confuse to distinguished assessment as, for, and of learning. Even both of my friends different understanding about that. I think we need guide from Miss Mima to explain more and detail. Keep spirit nas :)

    ReplyDelete